Interim Capital Accountant
Vacancy Reference: 6981460
Hours: 37.5 (Mon-Fri 9-5)
Hourly Rate: £22 – 28 p/h via umbrella company
Our public sector client is looking for an Interim Capital Accountant to join their team on an 8-month contract. This will be a mulisite office based role.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Responsibility for the provision of a comprehensive Capital Accounting function for the organisation and its subsidiaries
- Working autonomously to liaise with the Capital project managers & Directors to support the projects, ensure reports are up to date and accurate and to agree forecasts and variance analysis
- Lead the Capital Accounts Assistant in all aspects of the capital accounting processes
- VAT expert liaising with professional advisors and HM Customs & Excise to ensure that the correct VAT treatment is applied and projects are managed in order to be VAT efficient
- Responsible for policies and guidance relating to capital expenditure to manage risk and ensure that the objectives of the Trust are maximised
- Lead the annual capital budget setting exercise and capital elements of monthly and annual returns, ensuring that a robust process for the collection, validation and approval of the budgets is undertaken
- Advise, interpret and provide guidance on complex and materially significant changes, especially in the areas of capital development, borrowing and investment appraisals
- Ensure that the yearend procedures and technical accounting are carried out accurately and timely
- Extensive capital accountancy experience
- Knowledge of depreciation calculations
If you meet the criteria and would like to be considered for this position please send an updated CV to email@example.com or call Riley Garnett or Cameron O’Donnell on the specialist Finance recruitment team on 0117 930 8760.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.