We are currently working with an established local authority based in the West Midlands who are looking for an experienced senior leader to offer interim cover as Head of Children and Young People’s Social Care.
This role encompasses MASH, Duty and Assessment, Care Management, Court Teams, EDT and Contextual Safeguarding services. You will report to the Service Director for Children’s Social Care as part of the Senior Leadership Team, also the Contextual Safeguarding Hub which now forms part of this portfolio.
- Under the overall direction of the Chief Officer for Children’s Services the post holder will be fully accountable for the children and young people’s social work function within the Directorate of People’s Services
- The post holder will be accountable for the co-ordination and management of all available resources to provide or commission a high quality service(s) to communities and individuals in the area
- You will provide effective leadership and management to the service area as well as making an effective contribution to the portfolio of service functions led by the respective Strategic Director / Chief Officer
- The post holder will be expected to effectively manage service change designed to help achieve the Council’s overall strategic priorities and aims. You must be prepared to work flexibly and swiftly adapt to changing circumstances in respect of services provided or commissioned by the Council
- You will be expected to develop working partnerships both within and outside the Council with key stakeholders and also engage effectively with service users and their local communities
They are looking for someone with a Social Work Qualification and HCPC Registration
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: 3 months on-going long term sickness cover
Rate: The client has said the daily rate is flexible but dependent upon of level of experience
For more information on this or other Local Gov Jobs, please in the first instance email your CV to the Midlands Local Gov Team at email@example.com or call 0121 616 0660
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates. If you aren’t currently looking for work but know of someone who is, please pass these details on.
Please note should this position not be applicable to you and you are currently looking for a new role, Venn Group recruit across the board within Local Government so send across your updated CV the Midlands Local Gov Team