Venn Group’s Social Housing team are recruiting for an accomplished Maintenance Coordinator/ Officer to join their clients established team on a 2 month contract basis in the first instance (with a potential for extension.)
Daily duties will include:
- Responsible for all aspects of arrears management for a patch of urban and rural properties
- Lead a team of Maintenance Operatives in the administration, co-ordination and supervision in a full range of programmed maintenance, WHQS works, Void Maintenance, and Adaptation works.
- Responsible for conducting; 1-2-1’s, team meetings, PDR’s, holiday leave etc.
- Monitor maintenance operative’s performance and productivity and address these issues with individuals to ensure the highest standards of performance
- Ensure repair work is planned, programmed and allocated in compliance with the aims of the service and its policies and procedures.
- Conduct pre and post inspections of all works undertaken to ensure quality and within the required time
- Undertake where required house surveys to identify the scope of works required to meet pre-defined standards.
- Arrange any design works required and where necessary taking responsibility for producing plans and working drawings to facilitate the work.
- Engage sub-contractors, suppliers and specialist contractors to complete associated works where required raising Goods orders as necessary
- Provide design, specification, cost estimates and scheme briefs for projects and schemes where required and ensure where appropriate that selection, procurement, appointment and supervision of contractors in line with relevant regulations/policies/procedures
- Coordinate and manage the production of EPC’s where required
- Assist with the development, maintenance and updating of theasset management system in respect of the housing stock
- Undertake and coordinate responses to customer/client complaints including implementing any remedial actions and provide any formal verbal/written responses as required
- Ensure compliance with Health, Safety and Welfare policies and procedures in respect of all staff
- Qualified to HNC level in a building related discipline, or time serviced apprenticeship with a broad range of all trade disciplines Demonstrable recent experience of overseeing trades staff and works
- Experience of managing large numbers of staff located at several locations
- Excellent understanding of property construction and building defects relating to schools and public buildings
- Demonstrable trades background (from any discipline)
- Strong IT skills and ability to use MS Office package and work on Excel
- A current enhanced DBS/CRB
- Driver with own car
To apply for this role or to find out about other Housing jobs, please contact Vic Singh on the South West Social Housing Recruitment team on 0117 930 8760 or alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org