We are currently recruiting for an Interim Principal Accountant role based at a Local Government Organisation within the West Midlands.
You will be responsible for the management of a busy team, ensuring the effective delivery of the following for the council:
- The provision of financial information, advice and guidance
- The annual budget setting and business planning processes
- The production of the annual Statement of Accounts and statutory returns
- Experience of working in the public sector
- Managing all elements of the month end process, including journal processing, balance sheet reconciliation, eliminating key variances, delivering compliant accounts and presenting financial results to Executive panels
- Working on fully costed financial options, appraisal and models
- Excellent stakeholder engagement and relationship building and a successful track history of delivering results quickly, building strong relationships, whilst building a legacy of improvements
Duration: 3 months initial (on-going)
Rate: Negotiable dependant on experience
IR35 status: Inside
For more information on this or other Local Gov Jobs, please in the first instance email your CV to Emily Ratcliffe or Hannah Fritz-Lewis on the Midlands Local Gov Team at email@example.com or call 0121 616 0681
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates. If you aren’t currently looking for work but know of someone who is, please pass these details on.
Please note should this position not be applicable to you and you are currently looking for a new role, Venn Group recruit across the board within Local Government so send across your updated CV the Midlands Local Gov Team