IT Service Desk Operator
Venn Group have been approached by an NHS organisation in Exeter who require urgent support on their IT Service Desk.
This is a temporary role paying up to £14 per hour for an initial period of 3 months.
- Provide first line IT technical assistance, training and advice on the operational support of PCs, peripherals and other associated hardware, either in person, by telephone or via remote control
- Provide first line support for a range of software centred around but not limited to the Microsoft platform and NHS systems
- To take any relevant remedial action and escalate any problems the post holder considers serious, urgent or likely to threaten the stability or security of systems
- Create and maintain network user accounts (including email) by means of Microsoft Active Directory including maintaining any databases supporting this system
- Liaise with third party support officers to ensure faults are rectified in a timely manner and meet Service Level Agreement targets
- Administer the Service Desk system by logging all calls, allocating jobs as appropriate within the department and monitoring the open jobs in accordance with ITIL industry best practice standards and agreed Service Levels
- Monitor the Service Desk email account, responding to and forwarding messages within agreed targets for response, logging and processing queries as appropriate
- Proactively maintain regular communication with users who have logged issues to keep them informed of progress and to inform them when issues have been resolved by other Support Team members
- The ability to maintain standards of diagnosis and structured questioning to obtain all relevant information in order to triage and prioritise the issue being reported, both in person and on the telephone
- Ensure personal familiarity with and understanding of appropriate business continuity and disaster recovery procedures and processes to ensure that the effects of system downtime can be mitigated
- The ability to work independently and with initiative is required as well as the ability to manage your own workload effectively
If you are interested in this position please contact James Fry on 0117 930 8760 and email your updated CV to email@example.com
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.