Permanent Junior Web Developer
Recruitment Agency reference: JBE6649820
A position has arisen for a Junior Web Developer for our client, a leading fashion brand. The position will be working as part of the Development Team on projects across multiple platforms. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working in a fast paced environment.
The successful candidate will have a background ideally working within the retail industry.
Location: Central London
Salary: £26 - £30K
Duration: Start ASAP – Permanent position
Daily duties would include:
- Responsible for site wide bug detection and suggesting solutions and fixes where necessary
- Communicating with third party integrations, stakeholders and REST API’s
- Writing well designed, testable and efficient code by using best software development practices
- Creating website layout/user interfaces by using standard HTML/CSS practices
- Integrating data from various back-end services and databases
- Gathering and refining specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- Creating and maintaining software documentation
- Responsible for maintaining, expanding and scaling the organisations site
Essential technical skills include:
- Strong front-end web development skills
- Proficient in HTML5 and XML with the ability to use semantic mark-up patterns for flexible reuse
- Knowledge of CSS/SCSS
- Good understanding of modern web techniques such as responsive design and appreciation for older browsers
- Understanding of version control systems such as SVN, Git and IDEs such as Eclipse
- Ability to translate design and user interface mock-ups into functional web pages
- Understanding of build tools including Node, Grunt and Gulp
- Basic knowledge of PHP and MySQL
The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic about fashion and have a desire to learn about new technologies and developments.
To apply for this role or to find out about other technology jobs, please contact Kayleigh Reynolds on the Reading Digital Recruitment team on 0118 207 1212 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.