Permanent Opportunity – Linux Systems Administrator
Agency Reference Number: 6716660
Venn Group is currently working with a top 10 Higher Education organisation who is recruiting for a Linux Systems Administrator to provide 3rd line business –as-usual and project assistance for their research IT department.
Salary: £31,604 - £38,833 + excellent benefits package
Location: South East
Job responsibilities include:
- Responsibility for the development and support of IT infrastructure, systems and services required by the University to enhance its research, teaching and administration
- Providing technical support to IT projects, ensuring system stability, security and availability and creating technical and user documentation to support live services
- Responsibility for the maintenance and monitoring of specialist services and servers, server image builds and configuration management
- The development of knowledge base articles and help tips, tricks and training materials to assist and educate users to enable consistent, reliable and articulate answers to be given to a wide range of questions or problems.
- The post holder will also be called upon to be involved in project work across the University, using their technical expertise and customer facing skills to enable a new IT investment to be smoothly implemented and well received by users
The successful candidate will have:
- At least 2 years of experience working as or with Linux Administration
- The ability to liaise effectively and efficiently with colleagues so that teams and systems run smoothly
- The ability to deal with customer and client complaints and issues in a timely and effective manner
- Desirable - Experiences working with automation systems, LDAP, GITLAS, code, virtualisation, NIS, HTTP
- Desirable – Experiences working within higher education and scientific computing, or other equally complex environments
To apply for this role or to find out about other Education Technology jobs, please contact Cat Udell on the London Education Technology Recruitment team on 020 7557 7667 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.