Venn Group is currently recruiting for a Legal Officer to join a London based Local Authority for a 3 month initial locum contract.
The client is seeking an enthusiastic Paralegal who will be able to manage their own caseload as well as assist the Solicitors within the team with the day to day duties.
The caseload will include, but will not be limited to:
- Handling a caseload of various housing law matters including possessions (secure and non-secure tenancies), counterclaims, disrepair and injunctions
- Undertake advocacy where required particularly possession lists in the County Court
- Conduct civil litigation matters to include drafting documents and preparing cases
- Provide support to the housing litigation team where necessary, e.g preparing trial bundles and disclosure
The council are seeking candidates who are able to meet the demands of a large varied caseload amongst the following:
- Experience working within a local authority and knowledge of local government procedures and practice
- Knowledge of County Court and Civil Court procedure
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Excellent computer literacy particularly in the use of Outlook and Microsoft Word
- Knowledge and experience in the application of relevant case law and legislation
- Demonstrate ability to represent the interests of clients
- Advocacy experience in County Courts is an essential requirement of this role
Due to the high number of applicants for this role, if you do not hear back from us regarding this locum opportunity within seven days then you have not been shortlisted for this vacancy.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.
If you or anyone you know may be interested in this locum position or other legal positions, then please contact Suborna Akthar or Jade Gorrod on 020 7557 7667 or email email@example.com.