Venn Group’s specialist legal team are recruiting for a Childcare Solicitor, Barrister or FILEx to join a personable local authority in Bedfordshire. This is an on-going contract where the successful applicant can expect to be post for at least 3 months.
The ideal candidate will be a qualified lawyer who has previous experience advising on public matters either on behalf of children or parents & guardians.
Duties will include:
- Handling a large and busy caseload of care cases and pre-proceedings files
- Undertaking advocacy, including at directions hearings, contested interim hearings and contested final hearings
- Appearing in court regularly at the Family Proceedings Court and County Court
- Regularly attending case conferences, legal planning meetings and safeguarding meetings
- Acting as a legal adviser to the Adoption Panel, advising on adoption and fostering issues
- Taking responsibility for care and adoption proceedings, child protection/safeguarding and private law cases
- Conducting complex and serious care matters
A competitive hourly rate of £30-£40 per hour is available however this is dependant on experience.
For further information, please contact Lauren Watts or Emily Bulman on 0121 616 0660 or alternatively send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org We look forward to your application.
Venn Group aim to deliver the highest standards, so you can be assured your application will be handled with professionalism and care.
At Venn Group, we endeavour to respond to all applications within 48 hours. However due to the volume of applications we receive we may not be able to respond to all applications individually. If you have not heard from us within a 48 hour timeframe your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Venn Group acts as an employment agency and an employment business.