NHS Community Occupational Therapist x 3
Three locum roles have become availabe at a local NHS Trust. The roles are Community OT positions and are looking at an immediate start. The initial duration expectation is 6 months although this will most likely go longer. Two of the roles are based in Stoke on Trent and one is based in Rugeley.
Outline duties below:
- Rotational post across rehabilitation services including Rheumatology & Hands Outpatients; Rehabilitation Medicine; Stroke Rehabilitation, Community Stroke Rehabilitation Team and Home First
- Working in partnership with Clinical and Operational Leads in implementing strategies for efficient and effective rehabilitation pathways in line with local policy and national standards
- Responsible for ensuring the provision of high quality and effective care within the Occupational Therapy and Rehabilitation Services
- To manage a defined complex caseload under supervision of a Senior Therapist / Clinical Lead and work as an autonomous practitioner using evidenced based client centred principals to assess, plan, implement and evaluate interventions
- To participate in research and promote a research culture within the team and rehabilitation services
- Dependent on level of experience post holders may be expected to support supervision / education of junior, unregistered members of staff and Occupational Therapy students. To support students from other professional groups who work in the team and / or service
- To undertake rehabilitation programmes of care which will be delivered by self, team members, carers and statutory agencies aimed at improving / maintaining the client’s ability to be discharged from Hospital; remain safely at home and / or manage long term conditions at place of residence. To apply a level of understanding of the effects of disability and provide appropriate training and advice on lifestyle changes and adaptations to the clients physical and social environments, both for the client and carers
- To support professional and clinical leadership within the Rehabilitation services to provide a high quality clinical service.
- Gather relevant medical, clinical and social information to support the analysis and interpreting of complex information relating to patients diagnosis; treatment and long term rehabilitation outcomes. The therapy programmes will support clients with a range of psycho-social, physical and emotional issues following a neurological event.
- Work with patients and carers to identify and prioritise their needs and agree treatment programmes as part of an overall treatment plan.
- Communicate results of assessments and treatment programmes confidently and accurately to patients; their carer’s and the multidisciplinary team
- To work within the British Association of Occupational Therapists (BAOT) guidelines Code of Ethics to have a good working knowledge of national and local standards and monitor own and others quality of practice
Duration: Temporary, 6 months
Location: Stoke On Trent and Rugeley
Hours: Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm or 8am – 4pm
Rate: NHS Band 5, c. £16 - £18 per hour
Tp discuss this role in more detail and to secure this opportunity, please contact Tom Brown, Leah Waldron or Leo Steeden on 0121 616 0660 or alternatively email email@example.com
At Venn Group we try to respond to all applications personally, however, due to the volume of applications which we receive this is not always possible. If you have not heard back from us within 48 hours, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
*Venn Group’s “Recommendation Scheme”: If you recommend a candidate who is subsequently placed by Venn Group (for a minimum of 2 weeks) you will be eligible for £25 worth of vouchers from a choice of high street organisations