Locum Senior Law and Governance Adviser – circa £400 per day – 3-6 months
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Locum Senior Law and Governance Adviser to join the legal team of an established Local Authority in the West Midlands.
The initial duration of the contract is for 3 months with the possibility of extension. Whilst full-time hours are preferred, part-time hours will also be considered. It has been indicated that the role will be remote working for the foreseeable future, however occasional office attendance may be required.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate the following:
• Experience of supporting and ideally hearing grievances and disciplinaries.
• Evidence of exposure to or an established understanding of the democratic process.
• Experience of managing Legal and Governance services within the Local Government environment.
• Proven experience of being able to carry out investigations into Standards complaints, as well as lead on responding to Freedom of Information and Subject Access Requests.
• Ability to deal with high volume casework and complex matters under pressure
• Ability to understand complex legislation and reports quickly
• Ability to produce accurate and concise documents, reports, letters and general correspondence
This role is offered at a rate of circa £400 per day umbrella, dependent on experience.
To apply for this role, please contact Sophie Powell or Connie Ross on 0121 616 0660. Alternatively, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this role, please contact Sophie Powell or Connie Ross on 0121 616 0660 . Alternatively, please send your CV to email@example.com
We look forward to your application.
At Venn Group, we endeavour to respond to all applications within 48 hours. However due to the volume of applications we receive we may not be able to respond to all applications individually. If you have not heard from us within a 48 hour timeframe your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.