Senior Litigation Solicitor
Agency ref: 6571830
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Senior Litigation Solicitor to join a Local Authority in East Anglia.
Venn Group are recruiting this position on a short term role basis initially of 3 months but has the possibility of being extended beyond this.
Applications are welcome from Qualified Solicitors, Barristers, Legal Executives and non-qualified Lawyers who have the relevant experience working within a Local Government organisation.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Managing a mixed caseload of civil litigation, housing and licensing matters
- Drafting of complex legal documents
- Provide accurate legal advice to councillors at committee meetings on law and policy
- Acting as the lead adviser on project teams and responses to complex complaints
- Progressing cases to trial and negotiating on behalf of the local authority
- Providing assistance to less experienced lawyers
- Use of the case management system
- Attending Court and tribunals, undertaking advocacy where required
This role offers a rate of £30-£40 per hour, dependant on experience.
For further information, please contact Philippa Turner or Emily Bulman on 0121 616 0660. Or alternatively email email@example.com. We look forward to your application.
Venn Group aim to deliver the highest standards, so you can be assured your application will be handled with professionalism and care.
Venn Group acts as an employment agency and an employment business.
At Venn Group, we endeavour to respond to all applications within 48 hours. However due to the volume of applications we receive we may not be able to respond to all applications individually. If you have not heard from us within a 48 hour timeframe your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.