A global financial institution is looking for a Business Infrastructure Network Engineer to join their Information Security department.
The primary focus is the day-to-day operations of the organisation's global network and managing any network implementations within the EMEA region. Real-world experience of implementing and integrating enterprise voice solutions in a converged environment is needed for this role
Experience of working in a financial institution is compulsory.
The main responsibilities include;
- Leveraging the organisation's fault reporting system
- Ensuring faults are monitored, managed and progressed
- Ensuring carrier maintenance notifications are managed and progressed
- Undertaking preventative maintenance such as capacity planning and patching
- Providing support to 1st, 2nd and 3rd level support staff
The successful candidate must have experience providing on-site support to European offices. They must have also provided support for the implementation and maintenance of an organisation's network security infrastructure, including devices providing network access, firewall, content filtering, intrusion detection and proxy services. This role will need someone who has real-world experience of implementing and supporting enterprise LAN and WAN solutions from project conception to delivery.
Strong Cisco knowledge is expected, including but not limited to; Cisco 3900, 3700, 3600, 2800, 2600 series routers, Cisco Nexus, 6500 and 4500 series switches.