Paralegal (Civil Litigation) – £13 per hour – West Midlands
Venn Groups specialist Legal Team are recruiting a Civil Litigation Paralegal for a Local Authority based in the West Midlands.
This role is for an initial period of 3 months on a full-time basis, with the possibility of extension.
The ideal candidate will be a legal graduate with experience of debt recovery and sound knowledge of the Civil Procedure Rules.
Duties of the role will include:
- Assisting with legal proceedings in a variety of Courts and Tribunals
- Providing support to Lawyers in the preparation of cases in readiness for Court proceedings/Hearings, including the drafting of Court documents and preparing indexed bundles and preparing witness lists
- Liaising with key stakeholders
- Supporting the carrying out of all necessary tasks relating to appeal to Court, Inquiries, Arbitrations and Tribunals (or other appellant body) by or against the local authority
- Assisting with appropriate clerical tasks associated with legal work and other administrative tasks
- Communicating both orally and in writing with outside bodies including Solicitors in private practice, Counsel and Court or Tribunal Officers
- Supporting other team members and fee earners as required
- Assisting in the instruction and training of other Legal and Clerical Assistants as required
The ideal candidate will:
- Possess a degree in Law or other related subject with minimum 2:1
- Have previous experience working in a legal office environment, this may be as an Administrative Assistant, PA or Legal Assistant
- Be enthusiastic, hardworking and diligent in their work
- Possess good Excel skills including Microsoft Word packages
- Have worked within a litigation department (desirable)
- Hold previous debt recovery experience (desirable
Please apply for this role online or for further information contact Pippa Davis or Ameisha Clark at Venn Group via phone, email or LinkedIn for further information.
0121 616 0660
Venn Group aim to deliver the highest standards, so you can be assured your application will be handled with professionalism and care.
At Venn Group, we endeavour to respond to all applications within 48 hours. However due to the volume of applications we receive we may not be able to respond to all applications individually. If you have not heard from us within a 48 hour timeframe your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.