Role purpose and characteristics
This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated and enthusiastic payroll administrator, within a vibrant operations team. This company believe that excellent customer service through accurate and timely payroll processes is the key to retaining customers and promoting growth in the business.
The primary role of the payroll team is to raise invoices and produce payslips.
The payroll team are also responsible for ensuring the debts owed to the company from agencies are under control at all times.
Excellent customer service skills are essential whether dealing with our contractors, our agencies or each other as this has been the key to our success.
Daily payroll deadlines mean that all processing MUST be completed by the end of each day.
Main Areas of Responsibility
- Raise invoices from remittances
- Assessment of correct PAYE and National Insurance being levied on each payslip
- P45/P46 information correctly input and disclosed
- Personal deductions are correctly calculated and disclosed (e.g) CSA, attachment of earnings
- Understanding of the agencies payroll dates and the relationships to be able to accurately process the payroll by the correct payment method
- Take into consideration how different agencies have invoices raised (Self Billing)
- Process agency imports in accordance with correct payment dates and terms
- Process advances in accordance with the policy at the request of the agency
- Understand the elements of a payslip including Umbrella income to employment income and derogation, PBA, holiday pay, commission, all deductions types and if they pre or post tax
- Importing the bank accounts each day
- Ensuring all invoices in the sales ledger are paid by the agency in accordance with their terms and do not become overdue
- Cash match the sales ledge entries to payments received by the agencies
- Chasing agencies for any outstanding monies
- Ensure all daily deadlines are met with particular attention to year end
- Provision of excellent customer service and dealing with any enquiries in a courteous, professional and efficient manner
- CRM cases
- All documentation is sent to the contractor in a timely manner
- All HMRC documentation is submitted in a timely manner
- Prepared to take on additional responsibilities in our rapidly expanding organisation
- An exceptional customer focused attitude
- Keep up to date with legislation changes
- Assist in other areas of the payroll functions including outsourced payroll, expenses, invoicing and as required
- Maintaining payroll inbox’s ensuring that all queries and dealt with on same day
- Adopting a team based approach with colleagues to deliver success through supporting others and the wider business aims.
- Invoice and payroll engines - Dream & Busy Bee
- Busy Bank matching
- Busy Illustrations
- Expenses manager
- Outlook, Excel and Word
- Matching process (average month end no of unmatched cash receipts excl holds) Less than 1%
- All invoices in the sales ledger are paid by the agency in accordance with their terms and do not become overdue
- Advances are paid in accordance with agreed terms
- Deadlines are met on a daily /weekly/ monthly basis for all payroll functions
- Credit notes raised <SLA
- CRM cases accepted and actioned within SLA