A position has arisen for a Payroll Officer within a public sector organisation based in Exeter. This is a temporary assignment for an initial 3 month temporary assignment paying up to £14 per hour via Umbrella. The successfully candidate must be able to start on or before Monday 20th January and have previous Payroll experience.
Your duties will include:
- Carry out general payroll processes within a large complex organisation
- Ensuring that changes in employee records are processed including ensuring promotions follow the appropriate regulations regarding salary steps and incremental dates
- Assisting employees and managers to answer queries or resolve issues with the system to ensure that data quality of information within the system is accurate
- Ensuring that voluntary deductions from pay including unions, charity and salary exchange schemes are actioned appropriately
- Being responsible for the accuracy of employee annual leave entitlements and sickness records
- Action and record all details received from HMRC in relation to tax codes
- Ensuring that all necessary reports are run in the system, that output files are reviewed and investigated and appropriately stored
- Completing payroll checks and corrected and issues or errors
- Ensuring that the payslip production run is in line with published dates
- Successfully processing BACS payments in line with publication dates
- Knowledge of Statutory deductions including SMP, SPP and SSP
If you are interested in this position or would like to find out more about similar roles please contact Michelle Tarling or Riley Garnett on 0117 930 8760 or email your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.