Venn Group are recruiting for a Payroll officer for an established Wigan based company. The role will be temporary with the possibility of going permanent.
- Working within an established payroll team running weekly and monthly payroll, and assisting with input, reconciliation and payment
- End-to-end processing of payroll from data entry timesheets to preparing and sending BACS and FPS
- Reconciliation of payroll data for third parties and sending payments (i.e. Courts)
- Reconciliation of weekly and monthly pensions and reporting
- E-mail inbox management
- Distribution of payslips, P45s and other documentation
- Providing copy documentation in response to requests from employees and third parties
- Supporting members of the payroll team with ad-hoc tasks
- Ability to perform manual calculations for SSP, salaries, etc.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills:
- nGCSE maths and English (grade C or above)
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Basic computer skills in Word and Excel, with experience of using spreadsheets and databases
- Experience of OpenPeople and/or OpenHr will be a considerable advantage
- Organised and methodical approach to work
- Good timekeeping and an ability to meet strict deadlines
- A keen eye for detail and accuracy
- Ability to work well within a team
- Discretion – you will handle confidential and highly sensitive information
- Eligibility to work in the UK
If you are interested in the role send your CV to email@example.com or contact Sam Burns on 0161 830 1830.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.