Payroll Team Leader
Recruitment Agency Reference: 6951840
A position has arisen for a Payroll Team Leader within a well-respected public sector organisation in Gloucestershire. This is a temporary assignment for 3 months paying between £17 - £23 per hour dependent on experience.
Your duties will include:
- Line management of 5 team members to ensure a high quality, efficient and cost effect service is provided
- Carry out weekly and monthly payroll for approximately 5,000 employees
- Responsible for the team to ensure accurate input on the system within required deadlines of sensitive and personal employee information including starter and leavers in line with statutory regulations
- To analyse, verify and apply data prepared by the team, to ensure amended records are correct
- To deal with difficult and complex queries and complaints arising from employees and managers relating to payroll issues in a professional and timely manner
- To support the team in the planning, organising, development and implementation of new processes and procedures
- Responsible for arranging and providing in-house training and development of team members
- To apply, interpret and advise on the various conditions of service to ensure correct payments are made complying to policies, procedures, best practices, employment law, statutory obligations and internal audit requirements
The successful candidate should have:
- Extensive knowledge of payroll procedures and statutory regulations
- Minimum 5 years experience of managing staff and prioritising workflow
The successful candidate will be working in a fast-paced environment, with everyday being completely different.
We are looking for someone to come in, hit the ground running and be willing to learn new skills.
If you are interested in this position or would like to find out more about similar roles please contact Michelle Tarling or Riley Garnett on 0117 930 8760 or email your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.