Venn Group are recruiting for a Principal Accountant to join a well-established Local Authority in the East Midlands area.
It is working for a Local Government organisation who are looking for an enthusiastic and suitably qualified Principal Accountant to oversee the Revenues and Creditors Teams for their organisation.
Ideally the successful candidate will have strong experience handling the Creditors & Debtors, General Ledger and Budget setting functions.
Strong experience within Public Sector Accounting is required, or demonstrable transferable skills.
· Carrying out budget setting within Revenues, creating new budget setting and financial planning strategies
· Manage the general ledger for the organisation
· Hold responsibility for the creditors and debtor functions
· Providing financial advice and technical guidance to assist with decision making
· Carrying out key technical accounting duties, analysing and interpreting financial data as required
· Communicate and build relationships with non-financial colleagues
Salary: £250 per day to £450 per day – dependant on relevant experience
IR35 Status: Inside ir35
For more information on this please in the first instance email your CV to Bella Thornton or Hannah Fritz-Lewis on the Midlands Local Government Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0121 616 0681
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates. If you aren’t currently looking for work but know of someone who is, please pass these details on.