Venn Group are currently recruiting for several locum Procurement Solicitors who also specialises in either Property or Contracts for a shared legal service based in London for a permanent assignment.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
· Provide advice on procurement issues particularly in relation to the Public Contracts Regulations 2015
· Provide Contracts or Property assistance to the legal team
· Provide legal advice on Procurement in the public sector covering all areas of work carried out by the Council
· Provide legal advice on construction matters including amendments to JCT/NEC contracts
· Drafting contracts predominantly based on templates developed by the Council or other industry adopted templates (e.g JCT)
· Provided legal advice on the set up of companies and drafting company documents such as shareholder agreements
· Dealing with FOI/EIR requests or reviews
· Providing legal implications for committee/cabinet reports/waiver or exemption reports under contract standing orders
· Attending committees when required
· Providing training to clients
· Attending commissioning networks, procurement boards and any other method where clients discuss commissioning and procurement
The Council are seeking candidates who can meet the demands of a large varied caseload amongst the following:
· Good knowledge of local government law and how Councils work
· Excellent client skills which involve ensuring clients are kept up to date and work is done within agreed timescales
· Commitment to excellence and seeking continuous improvement in their own case management but also in the teams
· Ability to effectively time record and follow office manual procedures
· Ability to take on new challenges within a supportive environment
The Council offers a friendly and accommodating team as well as a competitive salary.
Due to the high number of applicants for this role, if you do not hear back from us regarding this locum opportunity within seven days then you have not been shortlisted for this vacancy.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.
If you or anyone you know may be interested in this locum position or other legal positions, then please contact Suborna Akthar on 020 7557 7667 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.