Venn Group is recruiting for a Sub Agent to work on a Rail project in the Wessex area.
The successful candidate must have a proven delivery background in Track.
As the successful candidate, you will have experience in the below:
- Ensure compliance with duties of Principal Contractor as defined in the CDM regulations
- Ensure compliance with the Company ‘Principal Contractors Licence when working on rail’
- Write CPP/ WPP / Risk assessments, Task Briefs, lift plans & ALO working plans to the required standard
- Identify permit requirements and ensure they are produced and available for each shift
- Order materials & plant for the site works in a timely manner
- Assist with the planning of manpower
- To assist in the management of budgets for the section of project within your control & liaise with the APM/PM and commercial team
- Will Ensure that RIPs activities are assigning to competent RIPS planners
- Acting as Responsible Manager to decide who will undertake the Safety Critical roles in a plan
- Make sure Permits are verified at least 7 days prior to the work being undertaken
- Experienced in Managing safe delivery of work on an open line / line blockage / lineside or off the line side on the Railway Infrastructure
- Responsible for the Operational and Task Risk associated with the work which is being undertaken under your management
- Responsible for the collection of relevant permits on site for their work
- To resolve conflicts between team members and ensure good relations with other colleagues
- Responsible for environmental, health and safety matters including promotion of and ensuring that BBS (Behavioural based Safety) practises are used on sites
- Ensuring all work is carried out in compliance with the procedures laid down in the Railway Group and Company Standards when working on rail
- To carry out any additional duties agreed with your line manager
- Ensure temporary works are identified and processed in accordance with CDM and internal process SRP86
- Provide operational tender support to the tender team eg production of tender programmes, methodology and identify resource requirements
- Produce and manage programme for section of works that you are responsible for
Essential skills / qualifications
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in project work.
- Leadership and motivation.
- Health, safety and environmental awareness
- Understanding of client requirements and specification and timescales
- Good knowledge of workforce management/workflow applications
To find out more about this role or to apply then please call Alex Tresnan, Dan Ashcroft or Tony Whitehead on 0161 830 1830 . Alternatively please forward your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.