VACANCY – Rents Officer
Length: FTC – 6 months
Hours: 37 hours per week, Monday – Friday
Pay: £23,000 - £27,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
Venn Group is currently recruiting for an experienced Rents Officer to be based in Redditch. This opportunity is looking for a candidate who has a strong background within rental arrears, alongside the knowledge to provide advice and guidance on housing and tenancy-related issues.
Responsibilities of the role:
- To provide a front line service, talking to and meeting with customers face to face at locations to suit their individual needs and the needs of the service
- To provide advice to tenants on rent and welfare and rent payment options
- To be responsible for taking the necessary action against those rent arrears cases in arrears in line with Housing procedures for rent arrears recovery
- To prepare and serve notice of possession proceedings (NOPP) for those tenants who have continued to fall into arrears
- To prepare court paperwork for Legal to commence possession proceedings
- To prepare reports for the Housing Services Manager to seek approval for cases to be referred for Eviction proceedings
- To prepare eviction paperwork for Legal to commence eviction proceedings
- To attend evictions with the Court Bailiff to execute warrants of eviction for rent arrears
- To work with outside agencies to assist tenants with welfare/financial problems and make referrals to council services that have been procured that offer tailored specialist debt management services in line with procedures
- To work with Housing Benefit and Financial Inclusion Officers in giving advice and assistance relating to welfare benefits
- To work alongside Tenancy Officers and ASB Co-ordinators ensuring Officers are aware of tenants that are in rent arrears
- Previous experience in a related role
- A full UK drivers’ license and access to a vehicle
- Enhanced DBS
To discuss this excellent opportunity further, please contact Lauren Bate-Jones on 0121 616 0660, or alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org with an up-to-date copy of your CV as soon as possible.
Please note that only suitable candidates will be contacted. If you have not received a response within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.