SEN CASE OFFICER
We are currently working with a client based in in the Birmingham/Black Country area who are seeking the interim support of an experienced SEN Case Officer to join their busy team. This is a great opportunity to work for one for one of the most established public sector organisations in the Midlands and to assist them during a challenging time.
- Liaising with colleagues from a range of agencies on matters relating to special educational needs and the needs of individual pupils
- Managing casework throughout the statutory assessment process from first referral to the completion of the process
- Writing Education Health and Care Plans and amending existing EHCPs as required
- Contribution to panel decisions on provision and placement
- Preparing reports /papers for a range of panels as required and attending annual, interim and emergency Reviews
- Working in partnership with parents, children and young people, and schools to ensure pupils needs are met appropriately including those pupils at risk of exclusion
- Preparing for SEN Tribunals as required
- Monitoring the use of funding within schools for pupils who have Education Health and Care Plans
- Assisting in identification of areas for service development including delivering training and supporting colleagues in schools, colleges and other settings, on processes and procedures (INSET)
- Have an excellent working knowledge of Special Educational Needs and the implications arising for schools, parents and pupils
- Have an excellent understanding and very detailed knowledge of the SEND Code of Practice 2014 and the new associated statutory duties for Local Authorities
- To have a good understanding of associated legislation relating to School Admissions, School Attendance, Exclusions which may affect the management of SEN pupils in a school or alternative setting
- You will need an excellent knowledge of case law in relation to SEN Tribunals
- To have practical experience of preparing case papers, presenting at SEND hearings and achieving desired outcomes
- To have the ability to use Information Technology for word processing and data input and retrieval
Rate: £230p/d umbrella – this may be negotiable depending on experience
Duration: 3 month ongoing contract
Start date: ASAP
For more information on this or other positions please in the first instance email your CV to the Midlands Local Government team at email@example.com or call Natalie Cox or Bella Thornton on 0121 616 0681 if you would like to have a conversation with us.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates. If you aren’t currently looking for work but know of someone who is, please pass these details on.
Please note should this position not be applicable to you and you are currently looking for a new role, Venn Group recruit across the board within the IT sector so send across your updated CV to us.