Senior Accountancy Officer
Public Sector Organisation
West Midlands – Close to Birmingham area with good transportation links
Salary: £32,552 to £37,475
Permanent – Full Time
A leading organisation is seeking dynamic Senior Accountancy Officers to join their highly regarded Finance department and team. Our client is based in the West Midlands and boasts excellent transport links from Birmingham and the Black Country.
This is an opportunity for an influential and committed individual to develop their career working for a highly regarded public sector organisation.
You will need to be confident and be able to use your initiative, as you will be working in an ever changing environment, where no two days will be the same. A large part of the role will be to use Business Partner skills to proactively find solutions for service managers within the organisation.
The organisation is currently undergoing an exciting transformation, offering new opportunities and development for your career. The team also have a learning hub which offers personalised training to support professional development and enabling the business partnering element of the role.
Main purpose of the role:
- To effectively manage yourself and the staff for which you are responsible, including ensuring at all times the following
- Written procedures for all team roles are prepared and monitored
- Deadlines are effectively managed, prioritised and met
- Adequate staff cover to ensure maintenance of an effective finance service both within the team and across the finance service where appropriate
- Resources aims, objectives and priorities are met
- Performance is maintained, managed and reported in line with APC guidelines
- Service improvement, change management and process developments are implemented
- To deputise, in the absence of or in place of, the lead accountant, finance manager or Deputy Head of Finance where necessary
To be considered for this position you must have the below experience and skills:
- Experience of management accounting
- Experience of budget setting techniques and processes
- Experience of working with a variety of different stakeholders within a political environment
- Experience of providing accountancy services within a large organisation
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- Member of CCAB body undertaking active CPD, or actively studying for a CCAB/CIMA qualification, or proven experience of providing accountancy services with a willingness to study and gain a CCAB/CIMA qualification
Salary: Grade 9 starting at £32552 and increasing to £37475 in increments each year
If you would like more information on this opportunity, please contact Natalie Cox at Venn Group on 0121 616 0681 for a confidential discussion, or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates. If you aren’t currently looking for work but know of someone who is, please pass these details on.
Please note should this position not be applicable to you and you are currently looking for a new role, Venn Group recruit across the board within Local Government so send across your updated CV the Midlands Local Gov Team