Senior Childcare Solicitor – up to £55 p/h – West Midlands
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Locum Senior Childcare Lawyer to manage an existing Childcare team in a large Local Authority in the West Midlands. The assignment is for an initial period of 3 months, with a strong possibility of further extension.
Applications are welcome from Qualified Solicitors, Barristers or Legal Executives with previous experience working within a Local Government organisation and with management experience. As the role involves managing a team, this position is offered on a full-time basis, however part-time applicants with excellent experience will also be considered.
Duties will include:
- Supervising and mentoring a team of Childcare Lawyers and Legal Assistants
- Regularly attending Leadership and Board meetings
- Managing own individual Childcare caseload including s7 and s37 Children Act 1989, Special Guardianship Orders, emergency applications and adoption matters
- Advising on and drafting Emergency Protection Orders
- Acting as a lead legal advisor on high profile and complex Council cases
- Undertaking own advocacy to cover a range of both contested and uncontested hearings
The position is offering a rate of between £50-55 per hour. This rate is however, negotiable dependent upon experience.
For more information about the position, please contact Ben Watts or Philippa Turner on 0121 616 0660. Alternatively email your CV to email@example.com
We look forward to your application.
Venn Group acts as an employment agency and an employment business. Venn Group aim to deliver the highest standards, so you can be assured your application will be handled with professionalism and care.
At Venn Group, we endeavour to respond to all applications within 48 hours. However due to the volume of applications we receive we may not be able to respond to all applications individually. If you have not heard from us within a 48 hour timeframe your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.