Fixed-Term/Permanent Senior Environment Artist
Recruitment Agency reference: CKS/6639060
A position has arisen for a Fixed-Term/Permanent Senior Environment Artist within a Video Gaming studio based in London. We are recruiting for a Senior Environment Artist who will work with the Art Directors and Lead Environment Artists to develop and maintain high quality game environments.
The successful candidate must have 5+ years experience in the Gaming industry.
Your duties will include:
- Creating content from individual assets to entire scenes ensuring high quality standard
- Delivering work that adheres to production schedules, whilst proactively striving to explore new methods and workflows
- Actively collaborating with other members of the art team including giving and receiving feedback
- Collaborating with external outsourced vendors to review and feedback on work
- Supporting and mentoring other, more junior members of the team
The successful candidate should have:
- 5+ years experience in an Environment Artist role
- Multiple shipped AAA titles
- Expert user of 3DS Max, ZBrush, Photoshop and other industry standard tools
- Knowledge of up-to-date best practices in game art production
- An excellent understanding of materials and texture mappings to accurately recreate them in CG
- Extensive experience in creating both organic natural terrain and hard surface modelling
- A strong portfolio with specific attention to artist and technical detail
- Exceptional skills in lighting, composition and colour theory usage
- An understanding of art pipelines, workflows, form, environment scale and their technical dependencies or limitations
- Strong initiative and self motivation to work remotely
This would be an ideal role for an experienced Environment Artist with the desire to implement their skills and expertise in a leading Video Gaming studio, specialising in automotive games.
To apply for this role or to find out about other technology/creative jobs, please contact Chris in the Reading Digital Recruitment team on 0118 207 1212 or e-mail your most recent CV to email@example.com
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.