An exciting new opportunity has arisen to work with one of the most established Local Authorities in the West Midlands. Our client is looking for an experienced Finance Manager who holds experience of working in a Social Care Finance Team, ideally Adult Social Care.
The successful applicant will be managing a team of three Senior Accountants and two Junior Accountants for the Adult Social Care provision within the Council.
Please note: if you do not have experience of working within a Council/Local Authority setting then please do not apply.
- To work with the relevant Senior Leadership Teams to agree and deliver the key financial priorities for the business area over the medium term
- To ensure the financial resources available to the business are effectively used and managed to secure the delivery of the Business Plan
- To manage the service finance team to support the delivery of the corporate financial requirements throughout the financial cycle – budget setting, forecasting and final, statutory accounts to a consistent minimum standard
- To work with the Senior Leadership Teams to define, agree and deliver service priorities including but not limited to the delivery of the Medium Term Financial Strategy
- To be responsible for the co-ordination of the financial forecast reporting to the respective Leadership Teams
- To lead on the strategic budget process for the business and manage detailed reviews of the respective base budgets
- To provide high-level technical expertise or professional advice, to maintain and/or develop systems and processes to support compliance with the relevant legislation and statutory duties and to facilitate the delivery of effective services
- To monitor and record the service teams output against performance targets and to take any corrective action as required
- Ensure that all financial policies, processes, practices and systems are operated and implemented in accordance with the relevant requirements
- Lead the team in the development of financial practices to support those activities of the organisation which have a commercial focus
- Take a leading role in the development of the Divisions own commercial offering and market them accordingly
- It is essential that you have Local Government experience
- Qualified Accountant including (Current Member of CCAB or CIMA)
- Experience of working with the senior management of an organisation to deliver tangible outcomes
- Experience of leading a financial team to deliver tangible outcomes
- Ideally from a Social Care Finance background
Rate: £350-£450p/d umbrella – this may be negotiable depending on experience (Inside IR35)
Duration: The authority are needing someone until the end of October 2020 initially – there is a high possibility of further extensions
For more information on this or other Local Gov Jobs, please in the first instance email your CV to Bella Thornton or Hannah Fritz-Lewis on the Midlands Local Gov Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0121 616 0681 or call 0121 616 0681
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates. If you aren’t currently looking for work but know of someone who is, please pass these details on.
Please note should this position not be applicable to you and you are currently looking for a new role, Venn Group recruit across the board within Local Government so send across your updated CV the Midlands Local Gov Team