Recruitment Agency reference: NKS6951370
We are keen to speak with experienced and qualified Mechanical Engineers for a temporary assignment within a highly regarded public sector organisation within the south Hertfordshire area. This is a key role imbedded within the maintenance team delivering a senior role providing technical advice and mentoring Mechanical Engineers on site.
This role is initially a temporary 6 month contract with the potential to be extended and even opportunity for a permanent post following a restructure. On offer for this role is up to £18.00 per hour depending on experience.
The successful candidate must have excellent mechanical knowledge and experience carrying out maintenance repairs within a large public sector environment, ideally a hospital, Laboratory or similar.
Your duties will include:
- Carry out technical support of specialist equipment and mechanical work to ensure that the engineering systems work as expected
- Work with others to identify areas for improvement and simplify processes to use fewer resources
- Co-ordinate and supervise the planned preventative maintenance programme for the specialist plant and equipment, ensuring the correct maintenance routines are set up and adhered to both throughout the year and at shutdowns
- Investigate and respond to faults and unscheduled tasks as they occur on a priority basis and propose solutions as to how the fault can be fixed so that operations continue to function safely
- Provide out of hours cover on a rota basis
The successful candidate should have:
- You will ideally hold a minimum NVQ Level 2 or BTEC or City & Guilds Craft Certificate in a relevant mechanical subject or equivalent and have practical experience in a relevant environment (such as containment laboratories or clean rooms)
- The successful candidate will have good experience in a maintenance or Building Services environment
This would be an ideal role for a candidate who is ready to hit the ground running and add value to a team.
If you are interested in this position or would like to find out more about similar roles please contact Natasha Steed on 01908 295 000 and email your updated CV to email@example.com
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.