An exciting new opportunity has arisen to work with an established Local Authority in the West Midlands as a Service Support Assistant.
The client needs someone that is able to work independently using their own initiative, preferably has minute taking skills, must have good organisational and communication skills and have experience of managing calendars and electronic diaries to organise meetings and invite attendee’s plus have experience in the use of all IT packages i.e. word, excel, outlook is also essential.
You will need to be proactive and solution focussed whilst also understanding the challenges when some aspects of you role might need to be developed. You will also need to assist in data entry to help with their reporting as well.
You will be responsible for supporting the Auditing team, directly reporting and supporting the Team Manager and her team of auditors. The role will be very demanding and the successful candidate will need to be able to easily intemperate instructions and work at a pace to ensure tight deadlines are met.
- To work as part of a team providing effective administrative support across Children and Families both to workers and managers within the Service.
- To fully utilise IT in order to provide and develop that support and to be familiar with all operating systems used within the Service area including processing orders via SBS
- To be fully conversant with ICS/The Child’s File/Swift and act as a champion for this providing advice and support to social work practitioners and managers on non-social work processes
- To co-ordinate and note take at meetings, including some of a highly confidential nature in a multi-agency setting as directed by the Business Admin Supervisor
- Co-ordinating diaries to support staff, making appointments as required, booking rooms and ensuring that all those involved are aware of the arrangements
- Provide the first point of contact for visitors and telephone enquiries, deal with such enquiries and refer on when appropriate
- Prioritise income post and messages, alerting officers and social work practitioners to matters which require attention
- Accurate inputting of data onto the electronic data systems used within Children and Families
- Responsibility for maintaining files and record systems, whether paper or electronic, this includes photocopying, filing and ensuring consistency of records and filing under the network drive configuration
Duration: 3 month contract on-going with very likely extension
Full time hours
Start date: ASAP
Rate: £10per hour
PLEASE NOTE: This role requires you to have a standard DBS
For more information on this or other Local Gov Jobs, please in the first instance email your CV to Bella Thornton or Hannah Fritz-Lewis on the Midlands Local Gov Team at email@example.com or call 0121 616 0681 at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0121 616 0681 at email@example.com or call 0121 616 0681 at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0121 616 0681
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates. If you aren’t currently looking for work but know of someone who is, please pass these details on.
Please note should this position not be applicable to you and you are currently looking for a new role, Venn Group recruit across the board within Local Government so send across your updated CV the Midlands Local Gov Team