Permanent Software Tester
Recruitment Agency Reference: 6746130
A position has arisen for a Software Tester at a well established outsource services company. The successful candidate for this role will be responsible for the quality assurance (QA) stage of software development and deployment.
Your duties will include:
- Liaising with Software Testers, Release Engineers and Project Managers to ensure testing and QA is carried out on all projects
- Meeting with system users and BA to understand the scope of projects
- Working with Software Developers and Project Support teams
- Observing applications and software systems
- Stress testing, performance testing, functional testing and scalability testing
- Writing and executing test scripts
- Carrying out testing across environments including web and mobile
- Compiling bug reports and review documentation
- Presenting findings to Software Development and Business User teams
- Documenting analysis
- Sharing results with all colleagues
- Contributing to daily scrums, sprint reviews and retrospectives
- Preparing and executing presentations to the client on the completed features of the system
- Analysing functional and technical specifications and user stories to derive test cases and scenarios
- Designing test plans for execution by teams at each stage of development
The successful candidate should have:
- Knowledge of Agile project processes
- Experience working with Visual Studio Team Services Test Hub and/or Microsoft Test Manager
- Capability of working with Selenium or another automated testing and scripting tool.
- Knowledge of emulation tools such as BrowserStack to replicate a range of devices and environments.
- Experience of source control management systems (i.e. git)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate and work with all stakeholders
- Competent technical abilities
- The ability to work as part of a team or independently
- Excellent organisational skills and capability of working towards tight deadlines
If you are interested in this position or would like to find out more about similar roles please contact Renay on 0118 207 1212 and email your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.