Solicitor to the Council & Monitoring Officer (Interim)
Venn Group are currently recruiting for an experience Solicitor to the Council & Monitoring Officer within a respected local authority in the South West of England for an immediate start.
This is an interim position, initially for a 6 month period with a high possibility of extension. It is paying an attractive daily rate based on experience of £500-£700 per day.
Duties will include:
- Ensuring all legal requirements of the Council are discharged in the capacity of a Monitoring Officer
- Managing all legal services and ad-hoc matters for up to 45 Parish Councils within the district
- Carrying out all statutory annual returns for the Council based on legal processes during that period
- Managing a team of 5 lawyers and a small administrative team
- Carrying out operational management of the legal team including appraisals, and setting of KPIs
- Ensuring all legal duties and processes are discharged in relation to planning, environment, licencing, building control and leisure by the legal services department
- Providing senior advice and expert opinion to the legal team and relevant external parties including parish councils on various matters
- Liaising and developing relations with external service and interested parties including councillors, ministers and union bodies
This would be an ideal role for somebody with previous Monitoring Officer experience as this is a pre-requisite of the position, with the ability to lead and manage a legal team covering various aspects of law.
Flexible hours may be considered for the right candidate.
If you are interested in this position or would like to find out more about similar roles please email your updated CV to email@example.com or call 0117 930 8760.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.