Support Worker Required
Rate: £10 per hour including holiday pay
Length: Temporary (on going)
Hours: Full Time
Venn Group is currently recruiting for a Support Worker based in Worcestershire. This opportunity is looking for candidates who can start immediately and have experience working with service users with varied and complex needs. The role will be working extensively with Homeless adults.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Working one to one with vulnerable people who have found themselves to be homeless
- To ensure that tenants are given adequate support in temporary accommodation to live independently and support a successful tenancy
- Supporting service users involving advocacy on behalf of the service use and engaging with the appropriate agencies and services as required
- Knowledge of the benefits system and understanding of supportive housing funding streams and reporting requirements
- Responsible for delivering and managing tenant support planning, risk assessment, future housing plan and health and safety checks/records
- Knowledge of the main support needs which are commonly faced by homeless and vulnerable clients
- Assisting Service Users with a mix of varied and complicated backgrounds and complex needs
- Set up support plans with Service Users and working together to achieve many different goals depending on what they feel they need to accomplish
The successful candidate will have:
- Previous experience in a similar position
- A valid DBS
- A full driving license and access to a vehicle
To secure an interview for this excellent opportunity contact Ellise Leamy or Thomas Brown on 0121 616 0660 or alternatively email email@example.com as soon as possible.
At Venn Group we try to respond to all applications personally, however, due to the volume of applications which we receive this is not always possible. If you have not heard back from us within 48 hours, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
*Venn Group’s “Recommendation Scheme”: If you recommend a candidate who is subsequently placed by Venn Group (for a minimum of 2 weeks) you will be eligible for £25 worth of vouchers from a choice of high street organisations.