The contract recruitment specialists
Tax Compliance Specialist
Contract Length: 3 months +
Daily Rate: up to £237.40 (via umbrella)
Venn Group’s Public Sector Finance team are currently recruiting for a Tax Compliance Specialist to join our client on a temporary basis in Swansea.
Duties will include:
- Provide support to the Senior Financial Control Manager responsible for VAT, Tax and payroll compliance
- Ensure compliance with HMRC/HM Treasury Indirect Tax/VAT legislation, rules and requirements
- Ensure that the organisation maximises its recovery of VAT, in line with HM Treasury’s Contracted out Services Direction and the Value Added Tax Act 1994
- Authorise the correct VAT recovery position proposed by procurement specialists on non-contracted expenditure via SAP ERP system
- Review the proposed procurement contracts and tenders, and give advice on correct VAT treatment and opportunities to maximise VAT recovery
- Support the accurate preparation and timely submission of quarterly VAT returns with a VAT throughput of £25 Million per annum
- Provide VAT related advice, guidance and support to both procurement specialists and the wider organisation
- Liaise with service providers to investigate and rectify issues caused by SAP VAT defects
- Support the delivery of training within the organisation, in relation to VAT, for various audiences including Procurement and Estates
- To provide accountancy support and advice to the Payroll Team, including the checking of general ledger reconciliations
- Determine and plan team requirements, including allocating resources and prioritising activities, over the short to medium term by fully understanding the business environment in which the team operates, the overall team objectives, ensuring their team fully understands and works to these requirements
- A detailed working knowledge of VAT principles, legislation and HMRC requirements
- Significant experience of dealing with complex VAT liability / recovery issues
- Excellent competency in the use of Microsoft Excel
- Good oral and written communication skills
To apply for this role or to find out about other Finance jobs, please contact Cameron O’Donnell or Riley Garnett on the South West Finance Recruitment team on 0117 930 8760 or alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.