Technical Officer (Food/Health & Safety)
We are currently working with a Local Government organisation who are seeking an enthusiastic individual to undertake a range of food hygiene and health & safety interventions in Shropshire.
The right candidate will have the necessary relevant qualifications to undertake this type of work which will predominantly focus on inspection of low, medium and high risk premises. The post will be based in Shropshire but travel around the county will be required and a full driving licence will be required. Flexible and agile working to allow a good work-life balance.
Specific tasks associated with this post include:-
- Inspecting businesses for food hygiene and food standards compliance
- Investigating complaints
- Collecting formal and surveillance samples for laboratory analysis
- Provision of information and advice
- Focus on overdue interventions in line with the FSA Food Law Code of Practice
- Bringing food premises back into the food hygiene programme
- Evidence of the relevant professional qualifications required to undertake high risk food interventions as set out in the FSA food law code of practice
- Evidence of at least the EHRB - Higher Certificate in Food Inspection
Start Date: 28/09/2020
Duration: Until end of March 2021
Rate: can be negotiable depending on experience
For more information on this or other Local Gov Jobs, please in the first instance email your CV to the Midlands Local Gov Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0121 616 0660
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates. If you aren’t currently looking for work but know of someone who is, please pass these details on.
Please note should this position not be applicable to you and you are currently looking for a new role, Venn Group recruit across the board within Local Government so send across your updated CV the Midlands Local Gov Team