Test & Trace Regulatory Services Officer x3
West Midlands – Local Authority
There is 1 senior post and 2 standard posts available depending on candidates experience.
Duration: 6 Months initially with possibility to extend
Rate: negotiable depending on experience and seniority
Start Date: ASAP
Please note: the role will be to primarily work from home but will involve some site visits to carry out some of the duties
We are currently working with our client based in the West Midlands who are looking for individuals, from either an Environmental Health and/or Trading Standards background, to join a Covid-19 Test & Trace team to help support the authorities, businesses and residents to tackle the current pandemic.
This is a really exciting opportunity where you will be working to support the Council’s response to Covid-19 and the local outbreak prevention and control plan. You will join a dedicated, multi-disciplinary incident management and prevention team which will enable the Council to effectively fight the virus and enable its citizens to return to normal life.
• Undertake the investigation of complex Covid-19 cases and completion of follow up investigations
• Investigation of complaints and enquiries relating to Covid-19, ensuring that all relevant legislation and guidance is being complied with
• Make recommendations to Districts and Boroughs for action under the relevant statutory provisions
• The role will include the delivery of intelligence-led compliance programmes, utilising a range of preventative and enforcement options, including:
• Providing advice and information to businesses on compliance within relevant laws
• Providing advice, information and assistance to vulnerable consumers
• Researching and investigating complaints
• Take regulatory/ enforcement action as appropriate to ensure compliance with statutory duties in accordance with the policies and practices of the authority
• Undertake a variety of inspections and surveys covering one or more specialist function within regulatory services
• Producing written reports, compiling evidential files, giving evidence in Court
• Update service records and submit intelligence logs in a timely fashion, disseminate information and intelligence appropriately, ensure confidentiality and security of sensitive information
• To be qualified in either Environmental Health or Trading Standards
• Equivalent experience of Advisory or Enforcement work
• Experience of carrying out investigative and/or enforcement duties
• Sufficient mobility to travel within/outside the county, enter a range of commercial and domestic premises (both indoors and outdoors) and carry equipment necessary for the role
For more information on this or other Local Gov Jobs, please in the first instance email your CV to Natalie Cox, Bella Thornton or Hannah Fritz-Lewis on the Midlands Local Gov Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0121 616 0660
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates. If you aren’t currently looking for work but know of someone who is, please pass these details on.
Please note should this position not be applicable to you and you are currently looking for a new role, Venn Group recruit across the board within Local Government so send across your updated CV the Midlands Local Gov Team