Recruitment Agency Reference: 6723840
A position has arisen for a Transport Coordinator placed within a highly regarded Haulage organisation situated in North London. This is a temporary role with the view to go permanent after a probationary period offering up to £50,000 per annum for the right candidate to start as soon as possible.
Your duties will include:
- Negotiating with clients and subcontractors
- Communicating effectively in with members of the team and clients
- Displaying basic IT / computer skills
- Dispatching drivers to delivery/collection/exchanges and determining the level of driver staff to provide the best productivity
- Assigning routes and service tickets to appropriate drivers throughout the day
- Communicating with customers whilst drivers are on location to resolve issues/problems
- Directing 35-50 drivers on a daily basis and will be required to produce detailed plan
- Planning a driver schedule on daily basis for next day if required
- Responsible for checking back in returns
- Making sure all paperwork/delivery tickets are complete and returned, challenging drivers on incomplete processes
- Responsible for making sure that drivers adhere the company’s policies and Laws and Regulations
It is essential that you have a background in transport planning/coordinating within a construction or haulage industry.
The successful candidate should have:
- Extensive geographical knowledge of London
- Experience in trucks and other haulage vehicles
- Previous experience in a haulage/waste/ construction industry
If you are interested in this role or would like to find out more about similar roles please contact Ben Paine or Darryl Hodge on 01908 295000and email your CV to email@example.com
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.