Venn Group are recruiting for a VAT Accountant to join a well-established Local Authority in the West Midlands area.
Our client is looking for someone with in-depth experience in VAT and Partial Exemption Calculations. I have summarised the key areas they ideally want a candidate to demonstrate below:
- Previous experience working with VAT in Local Government
- Provide advice on the treatment of VAT
- Advise the team on relevant projects involving VAT issues
- Undertake partial VAT Exemptions for the Council
- Prepare and submit all VAT compliance reports, including VAT returns
- Complete VAT compliance analysis
Local Government Experience is desirable, however other relevant experience will be considered.
Duration: This will be whilst they recruit on a permanent basis so 2-3 months is predicted with scope for extension
Qualifications: Qualified, PQ and QBE candidates will be considered
Rate: Negotiable dependant on experience and qualification status
For more information on this please in the first instance email your CV to Bella Thornton or Hannah Fritz-Lewis on the Midlands Local Government Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0121 616 0681
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates. If you aren’t currently looking for work but know of someone who is, please pass these details on.