VennGroupThe specialists in professional recruitment
Interim Ward Clerk
Venn Group is pleased to be recruiting on behalf of a public sector organisation who currently have a 3-6 month requirement for Ward clerks.
Ward Assistant Duties:
- To welcome patients to the ward in a pleasant, tactful manner and deal with enquiries including at times where there may be barriers to understanding
- To support nursing staff and consultants in providing accurate bed state information by monitoring and updating the EPR system and ensuring data entry is accurate, timely and correct
- Ensure all case notes are available for Inpatient / Day case attendance/Ambulatory Care
- Ensure general tidiness and security of case notes before despatching to other departments/secretaries and discharge summaries are filed and copied to GPs.
- Telephone liaison with departments to support timely investigations, appointments and discharge arrangements
- Arrange outpatient appointments for patients on discharge, or for other follow up treatment and investigations with appropriate transport arrangements
- Assist in reviewing patient’s needs with regard to transport requirements
Previous ward clerk experience essential
Duration: 3 – 6 months
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: £10.70 per hour
Rota: Three 12 hour shifts per week
To apply, send a current CV through to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0113 234 6400
Venn Group endeavours to make our emails as relevant as possible. If, however, the role is unsuitable please send an updated CV and desired job title.