Role: Web Application Security Tester
Location: North London
Type of role: Contract
Recruitment Agency Reference: 6857700
Modern methods for security and platform delivery, with a pragmatic style and great analytical skills that help you identify and solve problems. The contractor will have a keen sense of architecture, security, resilience and performance that allows you to spot solutions that work and those that don’t.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Conduct application security/penetration tests of internal/external web service applications as part of the TS agile scrum team
- Leveraging both manual techniques as well as automated tools in order to uncover and report security vulnerabilities that exist. Make use of opensource tools available in the market to perform the testing.
- Communicate security vulnerabilities to application developers and/or senior managers who may have little to no experience with application security vulnerabilities
- Support other members in the test team with other non-functional testing such as performance testing, performance tuning, compatibility testing etc
The successful candidate should have:
- Knowledge of network and Web related protocols/technologies
- Ability to demonstrate manual web application testing experience
- Experience with web application vulnerability scanning tools (e.g. IBM AppScan, HP Webinspect, Acunetix, NTO Spider, Burpsuite Pro, Seeker etc.)
- Experience with vulnerability assessment tools and penetration testing techniques (e.g. web application proxies, packet capture analysis software, browser extensions, advanced penetration testing Linux distributions, static source code analyzers, SoapUI etc.)
- Experience of penetration testing on mobile platforms such as iOS, Android, Windows and RIM would be advantageous
- Technical knowledge in at least 3 of the following areas: general information security; security engineering; application architecture; authentication and security protocols; application session management; applied cryptography; common communication protocols; mobile frameworks, single sign-on technologies; exploit automation platforms; RESTful web services
- Demonstrated ability to learn and apply critical thinking to a variety of situations
If you are interested in this position or would like to find out more about similar roles please contact George King on 0118 207 1212 and email your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.