VACANCY – Young Persons Support Worker
Length: 3 months Ongoing
Hours: 30 hours per week (some unsocial hours may be required)
Pay: £9.77 per hour inclusive of holiday pay (Sleep in’s will also be required at a fixed rate to be discussed)
Venn Group is currently recruiting for a youth support worker to work in a 24/7 service in Derby. Previous experience in a supportive role is essential to be considered for this post.
Responsibilities of the role:
- To provide practical and emotional support to young people leaving the care system
- To monitor the young persons’ progress throughout their residency
- To empower young people to make informed decisions regarding their educational and professional future
- To signpost individuals onto outside support services
- To maintain accurate and relevant information on young persons in the designated caseload and to provide monthly reports to the social worker/Local Authority
- To undertake home visits also to families if appropriate
- To assist social workers with specific tasks in relation to their case work/care plan e.g. attending court, supervising contact between young person and family
- To regularly advise the Manager/Supervisor of SAS of developments and changes in the cases and according to need
- Full UK drivers’ license and access to own vehicle
- Enhanced DBS
To discuss this opportunity further, please contact Kimberleigh Parsons on 0121 616 0660, or alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org with an up-to-date copy of your CV as soon as possible.
Please note that only suitable candidates will be contacted. If you have not received a response within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.