Created by the Metropolitan Police, SAFERjobs is a non-profit organisation designed to support job seekers, agency staff and contractors from fraudulent and unfair activity. They work alongside law enforcement and government, offering advice to raise awareness on the issue, as well as a means of directly reporting any suspected incidents.
In 2016 alone, almost 750,000 job seekers visited the website, providing information that led to a large amount of enforcement action. As a partner of SAFERjobs, Venn Group is committed to ensuring that this positive progress continues.
Having partnered with SAFERjobs, Venn Group have agreed to adhere to their Principles of Good Practice. These include that agencies:
1. Meet the requirements of the Employment Agency legislation;
2. Perform agreed standards of agency staff compliance upfront and meet any requisite legislation ongoing relevant to the sector;
3. Only advertise jobs that do exist and the agency has permission to advertise;
4. Treat job seeker information confidentially and only share with express consent;
5. Pay job seekers promptly and correctly within openly agreed timescales and be upfront about any charges to job seekers;
6. Actively support working with under-represented job seekers such as people with convictions, disabled groups, ex-military personnel, and ethnic minorities;
7. Have an agreed, transparent process in place to investigate job seeker complaints quickly and professionally;
8. Supply in writing clear and full information to the job seeker about the work assignment.
By following these guidelines, any job seeker looking to acquire Venn Group’s services can be rest assured that they will not be at risk of unfair treatment.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.