A well-known Charity that operates in multiple Countries are recruiting for an Accounts Assistant who will play an important role within their financial accounting department. The role will provide key support to the Head of Financial Accounts undertaking relevant reconciliation activity for bank and balance sheet control accounts across the Organisation.
Your duties will include:
- Reconcile and manage accounting inputs for bank accounts, petty cash and balance sheet control accounts
- To ensure accuracy and in line with month-end and year-end timetables
- Support regional accounting teams on bank account related queries
- Work with the banking providers to resolve practical issues such as lost banking and unpaid cheques
- Support end users within different departments in improving the accuracy and timeliness of banking returns
- Work with end users within Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable and other users to resolve banking reconciliation issues
- Prepare and post journals for adjustments arising from bank reconciliation differences to ensure the accuracy of the data on the systems
- Assist the wider finance team to close month end in a robust and timely manner
- Assist in the production of audit files at the mid-year point
- To engage proactively with the internal and external auditing team
- At least 3 years’ experience working in a complex accounting environment
- Extensive reconciliation experience
- Intermediate to advanced Excel user
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Length: 6 months temporary with high chance to extend
Hourly Rate: £17-£19 per hour
Location: Central / South London – 2 days pw in office / 3 days pw from home
Job Reference: J78297
This vacancy will be actively shortlisted so early applications are encouraged to avoid missing out.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.