Administration Officer and Minute Taker (Scrutiny)
Start: October 2023
Location: West Midlands
Rate: £20ph Umbrella Inside IR35 (dependant on experience)
Duration: 3 months initially (likely to extend)
Work pattern: Hybrid
Our client is seeking a dedicated and skilled Administration Officer and Minute Taker (Scrutiny) to join their team. They are looking for someone with experience of administration of Committee Meetings and already has, or is looking to gain, experience of scrutiny and policy development.
You will play a vital role in facilitating transparent and effective decision-making processes, ensuring the team deliver better outcomes through decision making and scrutiny.
- Plan and organise formal and informal meetings
- Coordinate and provide administrative support for meetings, including agendas, minutes, and action points
- Provide support and advice to Cabinet Members, Scrutiny Committees etc. to prepare work programmes
- Assist in the preparation of reports and briefing materials
- Liaise with elected members and senior officers to ensure effective communication and information flow
- Ensure compliance with relevant legislation, regulations, and best practices
- Manage the scheduling of committee meetings and maintain an up-to-date calendar
- Maintain accurate records and databases related to committee activities
- Support the cover arrangements across the Council’s Overview and Scrutiny Committees
- Establish and maintain effective communications and working relationships with Members, Officers and the public
If you meet the above-mentioned criteria, we would love to hear from you. Please apply to receive more information.
At Venn Group, we endeavour to respond to all applications. However due to the volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 48 hours please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.