Locum Adult Social Care Lawyer – South West – Remote Working – £55-£60 per Hour Umbrella – ASAP Start
Venn Group’s specialist Legal team has partnered with a South West Local Authority who are looking to appoint a dynamic and experienced Locum Adult Social Care Lawyer to join their team.
This is a full time position for an initial duration of 3 months. Part-time applicants may be considered. Remote working is available for the duration of the assignment.
This role is best suited to a qualified Solicitor, Barrister or Legal Executive with previous Local Authority experience.
Duties may include:
- Conducting advocacy
- Dealing with all Deprivation of Liberty matters
- Managing a full caseload and providing advice & support to the legal team with a focus on Court of Protection Matters
- Ensuring the management of Court of Protection proceedings and related requests for legal advice
- Investigating factual circumstances of cases and to advise on the management of legal proceedings
- Representing in formal legal proceedings, attending Court and undertaking advocacy where appropriate
- Carrying out case management of complex cases comprising of welfare and financial matters arising from the Care Act 2014
- Dealing with applications to the Court of Protection for welfare matters and to the County Court under the Mental Health Act 1983 particularly in respect of nearest relation
An hourly umbrella rate of £55-£60 is offered for this position.
To apply, please contact Georgina Fry or Charlotte Foley on 0117 930 8760. Alternatively, email email@example.com with an up-to-date CV and details of your current availability and a member of the team will be in touch.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates. All salaries and PQE ranges stated serve only as a guide and all applicants will be considered on their individual merits.