Job Title: Appointeeship Officer
Job reference: SGL/13032023
Job description: We are recruiting for an Appointeeship Officer with a Local Authority in North Wales. The role is a temporary 3 month contract beginning asap which could be extending and can be done remotely.
Preferable day-to-day key skills:
- Accurately managing the financial records of 50 to 75 Deputyship / Appointeeship clients
- Arranging and carrying out reviews to assess clients’ needs; identifying, signposting and liaising with agencies and other bodies to maximise their income and benefits.
- Providing advice, guidance and handling queries from clients, their care managers, key workers, carers and any other interested parties.
- Advocating for clients with the Court of Protection, The Office of the Public Guardian, the Department for Works and Pensions and other agencies and individuals in the delivery of the service and dealing with contentious matters, to ensure the best possible outcome.
- Contacting, assessing and investigating new Apointeeship Service referrals of clients who may require an Appointee to manage their financial affairs.
- Managing the protection of clients’ property including visits to check on the security of property, carrying out inventories and administering Guardianship procedures.
- Producing an annual report on each Deputyship client on behalf of the Director of Social Care to the Court of Protection.
- Setting up and administering appropriate clients’ budgets, including income and expenditure sheets with the co-operation of the key worker and client and to maintain savings accounts for clients (ensuring that suitable accounts are operated and savings levels monitored).
- Preparing clients’ cash, electronic or cheque payment requirements relating to household accounts and recharges for services provided.
- Providing support and guidance as necessary to the Appointeeship Finance Assistant.
- Undertaking specific duties/periodic projects as requested by Line Manager.
- Receiving direction, supervision and undertake personal development requirements appropriate to the post and as agreed with the Line Manager.
Hours per Week: 45
To discuss this role in more detail please contact Sean Leonard at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling on 0161 830 1830.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.