Deputy Company Secretary
Location: London based – Smart Working
Permanent – Full Time
A Central Government department is seeking a highly competent Deputy Company Secretary to be responsible for the provision of company secretarial guidance and support to the business.
- Providing competent, proactive company secretarial support and guidance to Boards and Committees
- Provide accurate information and advice on governance related matters to Directors and leadership
- Overseeing and coordinating all the arrangements for Board and Committee Meetings, including the preparation of papers and agendas
- Managing the internal processes to provide agenda papers and other related documentation
- Coordinating the production of the CEO’s Board report and ensuring all required Board notifications and approvals are included in compliance
- Communicating Board and Committee decisions to all required stakeholders
- Attending Board and Committee meetings, drafting clear and concise meeting minutes, Chair meeting reports and action items reports
- Supporting the Company Secretary in fulfilling their role, including deputising when required including alerting them to any pressing statutory / Governance issues, providing support on ad-hoc matters, and overseeing the arrangements for Board events such as induction sessions and strategic workshops.
- Responsible for the provisions of all Company Secretarial support and administrative services to the Board Committees
- Management and safekeeping of governance information and documentation
- ICSA/CGI Associate qualification or equivalent university degree, or part qualified with substantial expertise as an inhouse Assistant Company Secretary or in a similar role
- Demonstrable experience in an inhouse Assistant/Deputy Company Secretary role or in a similar role.
- A good working knowledge of the Companies Act 2006 (“CA2006”) including the ability to research and provide advice on various procedural and other aspects of the CA2006 and corporate governance matters to the Company Secretary
- Ability to quickly grasp and assimilate complex legal and regulatory documents and practically apply relevant principles, as well as providing related advice where required
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of stakeholders and their commercial needs.
- Knowledge and experience of using Board Portals
- Ability to liaise with and provide advice to the Business and other departments
- Ability to build and sustain effective relationships within the business
- Consistent and meticulous attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
- Discretion and integrity handling confidential information and working with Senior Stakeholders
If you have the right experience for this role and feel your skills and experience match the requirements, or if you would like more information on the role, please contact
Tom Rees on 020 7557 7667 and email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org