Assistant Finance Business Partner - Infrastructure
£33,000 - £37,000
An opportunity has arisen for and Assistant Finance Business Partner to join public sector organisation during an exciting time of growth and development. This is a unique opportunity to play a vital role in shaping the financial landscape and success of the local area.
As the Assistant Finance Business Partner for Infrastructure, you will play a key role in the Finance and Procurement team, contributing to the effective and efficient delivery of financial support to the organisation.
Working closely with the Finance Business Partner, you will provide financial advice, information, reports, and analysis, ensuring accurate financial reporting to internal and external stakeholders. This role offers a unique opportunity to shape the financial landscape of the region, contributing to its success on various fronts.
- Monitor income, expenditure, and budget variances
- Contribute to the creation of monthly management accounts
- Assist in the production of budgets and revised forecasts
- Liaise with budget managers to explain budget or forecast variances
- Handle queries from key budget managers, providing proactive support
- Play an active role in establishing reporting routines
- Contribute to reports for directors, managers, and political decision-makers
- Collaborate on inter-departmental working groups, providing financial advice
- Qualified accountant or part-qualified accountant (final level CCAB/CIMA)
- Experience providing financial support in a dynamic and complex organization
- Experience in preparing budgets, budget monitoring, and financial management information
- Strong attention to detail and excellent numeracy skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Competitive salary
- 26/31 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Generous Employer-Contribution Pension Scheme
- Flexible and hybrid working options
If you are a motivated and qualified finance professional seeking a dynamic role with a forward-thinking organization, we invite you to apply.
Please email your CV to email@example.com with the subject line AFBP. Alternatively call Nik Stoate at Venn Group for a confidential discussion on 0121 616 0681.