A position has arisen for an Assistant Operations Manager - Parks and Cemeteries for a local council in Ipswich. This role requires an experienced and effective people manager, who understands the value of processes, can follow procedures, and work alongside colleagues in Support Services to ensure HR and Procurement processes are followed. This position is running for 6 months, with full time hours and a hybrid working pattern.
Assistant Operations - Parks and Cemeteries
Contract: 6 months
Rate: £50 per hour
Hours: 37, Monday to Friday
Your duties will include:
- Procuring services in accordance with the Council’s Constitution, financial regulations and standing orders
- Managing the parks team, including performance management, recruitment, appraisals and budget management
- Deploying and managing employees ensuring the effective and efficient delivery of the above services
- Managing the Council’s service regarding contracts, procurement, Park Protection, development, providing appropriate management, administrative control and responsibility over staff
The successful candidate should possess:
- Knowledge of local government, and would need to be able to work with the existing team, have excellent communication and listening skills, review current arrangements and develop them where required.
- Be flexible in their working style as they will be based across different sites
- A full UK driving licence is required.
This role is ideally suited to a good people manager with experience dealing with behaviours that are not acceptable within the working environment and a sound knowledge of procurement.
If you're inteerested in the above, please apply now.