A position has arisen for an Assistant Operations manager for a local council in Suffolk. This role requires an experienced and effective people manager, who understands the value of processes, can follow procedures, and work alongside colleagues in Support Services to ensure HR and Procurement processes are followed. This position is running for 6 months, with full time hours and a hybrid working pattern.
Assistant Operations - Parks and Cemeteries
Recruitment agency reference: 73169
Contract: 6 months
Rate: £500 per day
Hours: 37, Monday to Friday
Your duties will include:
- To manage the Council’s service regarding contracts, procurement, Park Protection, development, providing appropriate management, administrative control and responsibility over staff
- To procure services in accordance with the Council’s Constitution, financial regulations and standing orders
- To manage the parks team, including performance management, recruitment, appraisals and budget management
- To deploy and manage employees ensuring the effective and efficient delivery of the above services
The successful candidate should possess:
- Knowledge of local government, and would need to be able to work with the existing team, have excellent communication and listening skills, review current arrangements and develop them where required
- Be flexible in their working style as they will be based across different sites
- A full UK driving licence is required
This role is ideally suited to a good people manager with experience dealing with behaviours that are not acceptable within the working environment and a sound knowledge of procurement.
If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria, please contact Tim Worrell on 01908 295000 and e-mail your updated CV to email@example.com
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.