Job Title: Bookkeeper
Location: Wolverhampton – completely office based
Job description: We are recruiting for a permanent Bookkeeper for a well-established and reputable organisation based in Wolverhampton.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for total management of the practice bookkeeping function as-well as record keeping in various formats and systems for a variety of client businesses.
Furthermore, you will be liaising directly with clients, reporting to senior managers and producing information that is used with management and year end accounts.
You will be:
- Posting sales invoices and credit notes (in some instances creating the sales invoice)
- Posting and allocating sales cash
- Analysing and posting purchase invoices
- Allocating purchase ledger cash
- Completed bank reconciliations
- Reviewing sales and purchase ledgers for “wrong way” and “old” balances
- Processing journal entries as well as petty cash and credit card entries
- Reconciling supplier statements
- Producing customer statements for credit control
- Reviewing the nominal ledger
- Preparing VAT Returns under different type of schemes
- Liaising directly with clients to obtain and gather information as necessary
- Liaising with third parties (Such as HMRC\Customers \Suppliers) as necessary
The ideal candidate will:
- Have good knowledge of software packages such as (Sage 50, Sage Business Cloud, Xero, Quickbooks, Receiptbank and FreeAgent)
- Have great knowledge of Microsoft Office suite particularly Excel, Outlook and Word
Please only apply for this vacancy if you possess the relevant experience required for this position
To discuss this role in more detail please contact Shanequa Andell-Gibbons or Ali Mohamadi on 0121 616 0660